What Are The Benefits Of Squats?
There are so many exercise plans, aimed at toning of muscles and burning of calories. Some exercises are designed specifically for one or the other part of human body, whereas some are good for overall fitness. Squats are the type of exercises which work on abductor’s muscles, quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, lower back muscles and calves.
Squats are in fact high-intensity workouts which leave a great impact on most of the above-mentioned parts of the body. These are the high impact workouts which are highly beneficial for the human body, in many ways. While doing squats, most parts of the body are practically worked on; the parts which are used in our normal daily functions and movements.
Here we are going to explain some of the benefits of doing squats.
Squats Improve Flexibility
- When doing squats, you will notice that majority of the muscles are worked on in every single squat.
- Doing squats on daily basis, you will get a bundle of benefits, which will be visible and seeable on your body in a few days.
- Squats are beneficial in providing remarkable flexibility in your body, especially hips. But you can get this flexibility only if you are doing the squats correctly and in a planned manner. Start with less and increase the motion range day by day.
- When you do squats, the muscles responsible for jumping and running are worked on; hence giving maximum benefits to these muscles. The benefits can be manifolds if you can try adding some weights to your squats.
Squats Improve Cardiovascular System
- When you do squats, the entire cardiovascular system gets stimulated.
- It helps burn more fats. While doing squats, your body starts burning calories, thus reducing fats. Another added benefit of squats, in this respect, is the fact that being a high-intensity workout, it keeps on consuming calories even after you are done with your squats. This prolonged burning effect may last for many hours after you have finished your regular squats.
Squats Improve Muscle Mass
- While you do squats, you gain more mass on your relevant muscles.
- Simultaneously, it reduces fats on these areas, through the burning of extra Calories to the tune of 80-100 calories against each increase in muscle mass.
- Being a high-intensity workout, it has an inbuilt impact on consumption of calories. As you increase the intensity, you are increasing the calories consumption; hence reducing fats and accumulating mass in your muscles.
- If you can gradually increase weights while doing squats, it becomes a very useful anaerobic workout, providing more mass to your muscles.
Squats Improve Bones
- When you are doing squats, longer body muscles are also worked on, thus providing density to the relevant bones, such as spine, hips, and legs.
- Regular and proper squats are highly beneficial to avoid Osteoporosis, a common disease in women.
- Regular and prolonged squats provide shape and tones up the buttocks. Doing squats regularly also improves hardness in this area.
- Since the squats work on your spine and simultaneously on your abs area, it ultimately gives a perfect posture to your body.
Squats Improve Balance & Stability
- Doing squats properly and regularly provides enormous strength to your legs.
- It also provides strength to your abdominal area.
- It provides stability to the muscles of these areas.
- Regular squats with proper repetitions, re highly beneficial for improving the mobility and balance in your body.
- It helps improve the nervous system. Doing squats, the communication system between the brain and other parts responsible for movement, is improved considerably, ultimately providing more balance, stability and swiftness in your movements.
- Squats are considered best at providing strength to bones, resulting in more toned up body shape and more flexibility and stability to the entire body posture.
Since the squats give huge benefits to the body muscles and bones, we strongly recommend making it a regular part of your daily workout plans. Coupled with other planned workouts, this squats can give the results beyond your imagination.
However, as we always emphasize, be consistent in your workouts, take proper diet and do not hesitate to get the advice of professional instructors and coaches. Remember, doing any type of exercise incorrectly or doing it in an improper way, can result in serious injuries.
If you like my article about ‘What Are The Benefits Of Squats?’ and you’re interested in reading more related articles you may visit the ‘Fitness’ category. Please leave a comment below that how much you find this article helpful. You may also hit your queries in the comment section below if any.